I wrote to Bosch recently with 5 questions about their tool reconditioning process. I hope their answers help you to make more educated decisions about Bosch reconditioned power tools!
1) What is a “certified factory reconditioned tool”?
A certified factory reconditioned tool has been through a complete inspection by factory trained technicians at the Robert Bosch Power Tool National Reconditioning Center.
Genuine factory replacement parts have been installed by the technicians as necessary. The reconditioned tool is guaranteed to meet all original specifications and to perform as new. Total customer satisfaction is backed up by a one year repair warranty by a nationwide network of factory service centers.
2) Why buy a certified factory reconditioned tool?
1. Quality – the power tool brands you know and trust
2. Like new – Tool has experienced very little or no usage; any necessary repairs are performed by factory trained technicians before resale
3. Full Warranty – Each reconditioned tool carries a full one year repair warranty
3) Where do reconditioned tools come from?
Reconditioned items are new tools that were returned by a customer to the place of purchase due to an initial defect or because the customer decided they wanted a different tool. The product has been used very little or not at all. These tools are sent to the Robert Bosch Power Tool National Reconditioning Center for inspection and any necessary repair to bring them to new tool factory specifications. They are subsequently sold as a reconditioned product.
4) Who repairs the tools?
Tools are repaired at the National Reconditioning Center by factory trained technicians using genuine factory replacement parts.
5) Do I get a warranty on reconditioned tools
All reconditioned tools have a one year repair warranty. Robert Bosch Tool Corporation operates factory owned service centers throughout the US. Factory centers can be located by calling the toll free number: 800-346-4103 or on the web at http://www.skil.com or http://www.boschtools.com.
Big thanks to Boscher Hank Wolman who’s the Manager of Reconditioned Tools!
Do you have questions for Mr. Wolman? Leave them in comments or send them to me at GFrench@ToolCrib.com and I’ll make sure he sees them.